The Blaithín is a domed pony hair brush which can be used to either apply blush to the apples of the cheek or to shade or highlight areas with the fine tip.
When applying blush with The Blaithín, pick up product on the side of the brush and sweep it across the cheekbone. If highlighting or shading pick up your product on the tip of the brush and work it into the desired area. The Harley or The Andie are also ones to look our for! The Harley can also be found in the Mum’s on the Go set, see Rebeccas Article on Beaut.ie!
How often should you clean your brushes:
- Foundation Brushes: Minimum of once per week
- Brushes used for finishing powders and bronzers: Once per week
- Blush Brushes: Once per week
- Eyeshadow Brushes: Every 2-3 days
- Eyeliner Brushes: after every use, especially if you use an gel eyeliner
How to Clean your brushes:
- Wet the hairs of brush with warm water pointing downwards. This will help prevent any water getting in to the ferrule (metal part) or down in to the handle for brushes that don’t have ferrules.
- Use mild shampoo, liquid hand soap or block soap. Squirt a little soap on your hands and apply it to the hairs. Gently squeeze the hairs from ferrule to hair tips over and over adding a little water at a time. Rinse and repeat until the water runs clear. Make sure when you are rinsing to keep the brush hairs pointing down.
- After you have washed all your brushes, dry them with tissue or towel, reshape hairs to original shape to prevent from “splaying” and lay them to dry on their side on an absorbent surface.
- Let brushes dry completely before using.